Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 13 December 2009

Black tops with a bit of sparkle #2

This knit fabric is black and charcoal marl with little gold threads through it. I bought it in Harrogate when I was there for the weekend a few weeks ago. Its very pretty but Jenni pointed out its not really opaque. So on that basis I decided to double layer the front and back, but have single layer sleeves. This also gave me the opportunity to use a square neckline off a Marfy pattern which required a facing. Here I have just self lined to give the facing. I did have a bit of a struggle getting the sleeves in as I has machine basted the side seams and the armholes to keep the two layers together, and the resulting armhole was not very stretchy at all, so I had to clip it to get the sleeve to ease in.

The picture is lightened slightly so you can see the square neckline.

No comments: