I used the same pattern again (Burda Style magazine 04/2009 #134) with the same alterations this time with a strange very stretchy metallic stripe fabric from deep in the fabric collection.
I also chose to use the side of the fabric which was mostly dark brown
with a bit of copper as the right side and used the much shiner side as
the wrong side (I suspect this is the opposite of the original
manufacture as some copper chenille stripes are now on the inside also),
however I felt this would be more wearable than the full metallic
I did some tests on scraps and the coverhem gave the best finish for the hem (stretching with the stretchy fabric whilst not distorting it at all).
There is some fabric left but so far I've not decided what it will be, though it is currently leaning towards a jacket of some sort. It very much did not want to be a skirt so I didn't push it.
I had hoped to make this pattern a few more
times in plain dark brown stretch woven but it needs 2.5 metres of
fabric and the lengths I tried were 2.2 and 2.0 and were never going to
work with this pattern, so they may appear as a different style.