Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 23 August 2010

Monday's progress

I've cut out a pair of trousers and a lined waistcoat in the pinstripe brown suiting fabric, and some matching satin lining (pockets/waistcoat lining). I've not had any big chunks of time to sew so decided to just do a bit each evening until I am done. I'm pretty tired this evening so only did a little, but even that has progressed the trousers quite a bit. I've made the front pockets and back darts and neatened all the edges. I don't seem to have any of the right weight of interfacing for the waistband so need to buy some I think. So the waistband isn't started at all. I need something which won't stretch out at all but also not be too stiff around the waist. I seem to have the interfacing extremes in my interfacing box.
The other evening I made two patch pockets for the waistcoat, but decided I wanted to work on the trousers first.
Hopefully by the weekend I will have some trousers to share with you. I might even model them, though don't get too excited.

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You are one motivated sewist. I need to catch up and keep up with you.

Jenni said...

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing the trousers, whenever that might be.

sdBev said...

Sounds good Ruthie. I do know a sewist who finishes all the details first. I.e. comples collars, cuffs, pockets so that when she needs them they're waiting for her instead of stopping her progress. She also finds that any quirks of the fabric can be discovered and easily corrected or the small piece recut. So you haven't wasted your time. Just keep those pockets close by.

kbenco said...

Weeknight sewing is positively noble IMO. It sounds as if you will have trousers quick smart!