Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 29 August 2010

Culling stuff

I'm having another go at culling stuff becuase I have a bit more than is sensible.
Today I started with a bag of clothes from my plus size days. I decided that I'm not going to allow myself to get back to that size again and don't need those clothes as insurance.
The bag contained
2 prs black pants, 1 pair brown pants, 1 pair dark wash boot cut jeans, one oversize fleece jacket.
one brown print knit top, two orange knit tops, two teal knit tops.

I put the pants straight in the 'to go' bag as I have some similar in my current size and they are not special enough to alter. The jeans went in there too, but I might pull them out and try on again. If they fit on thighs/butt, it might be worth removing the waistband and altering them to fit on the waist.
The knit tops are all from nice stores and were full price. I have quite a good track record altering knit tops so I thought that would be worth a go as I still love the fabrics. As I had brown on the overlocker I already altered the brown print top to fit.



The oversize fleece is part of a fleece jacket/waterproof jacket combo, so I'll keep it as a jacket liner although its a bit bulky to wear alone as a fleece. Good for walking/hiking.
Yesterday I got rid of some old tee shirts and spare bags, so I feel I am making a little bit of progress.

In a few weeks I'll do the summer/winter swap over. I'll have a hard look at the summer clothes at that point and see if any of them deserve to live to next summer, and what needs to go out.
At that point linen clothing and anything with short sleeves gets put away and I only wear 3/4 and long sleeved tops until April. I can also put away all my sandals. Its a bit sad, but at least then I can see my knits, wool pants etc.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Thanks for your comment about my cord jeans!
Your "inspired by the sea collection" is so beautiful. And such a good idea to co-ordinate you wardrobe to mix and match like that, a very practical idea!