Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 29 November 2012

Frugal Fabric Fridays

Well thank you all for the responses, 'Frugal Fabric Fridays' have been born!
My aim is to show a fabric based craft or sewing project each week which uses either fabric scraps, or some sort of yardage which no more than 1 metre in length. This will include knits, wovens, fleece, faux fur, leather scraps etc depending on what inspiration strikes me.

My intention is to use the scraps and remnants already in my posession since I genuinely want to use them up. I'm very excited about this project because its about using our resources wisely, about creativity, about creating useful things from stuff you might have thrown away and about having fun. I will try to edit out the naff projects but the odd one might sneak through :-).

7 comments:

Manitoulin Threads said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing this!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

I'm a frugal fabric nut. This'll be fun!

marysews said...

Will you accept contributions?

RhondaBuss said...

Don't edit too much. You know the saying, "One man's trash is another's treasure." You may not think it's so great but someone else may.

SewRuthie said...

marysews, what a great idea..... maybe some guest posts every now and then :-)

marysews said...

Here's my bandanna or scarf project. Feel free to re-do or link - either way is fine: http://mary-sews.blogspot.com/2012/12/easy-serger-bandanna-or-scarf.html