Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 11 November 2012

At the Christmas Market

Here I am at the Christmas Market. I sold over half my stock I think and made over £60. I also have a commission for some more cushions and will be sending things to the Christmas Tree Festival, so will make more on top of that total.
A lot of good fun and money raised to keep the village church watertight for the whole community!
Most popular items were the medium sized Christmas decorations with detail, and the shopping bags.
I sold all the clay snowmen and the gingerbread men with a 'bite' taken out of them.
---------------
Unfortunately I did not take individual photos of things before the show as I was still making things at 11pm the night before and needed all my time for setup once the hall opened in the morning. So anything which sold out isn't there anymore. I may make some more of things which sold very well for the Christmas Tree Festival.

Note: I think having a Christmas tree to display the ornaments would have really helped. I had planned to take one but just forgot to get it out of the garage on the morning of the market.

I'll do some posts this week on the things I made (remaking where necessary). The gingerbread men with a bite out were made from air drying clay from an art shop. I rolled out with a rolling pin and cut out with a cookie cutter. I then used a different cookie cutter to take the 'bite' out allowed to dry and then painted with a 'gingerbread' colour paint I had mixed up. Once the paint was dry I threaded ribbons through the head (or limb) and they were ready to sell.

10 comments:

marysews said...

It's great that you can have fun while helping out!

RhondaBuss said...

You look so cute and happy behind your table. Congratulations on a great sale!!

pdiddly said...

Well done you Ruth and you do seem to have had fun too.

Sandra said...

I'm so happy for you that you sold so many of the items you made. I don't think I realized that this was a fundraiser for your church -- all the better! Now, about this gingerbread man with a bite out of it, would you mind sharing a photo? I've made gingerbread men, women, boys, and girls cookies every year for the past 40 years, so of course I have been gifted with a few gingerbread ornaments (and a gingerbread man teapot!) over the years. Again, congratulations, Ruthie! And that's a great photo of you, looking positively joyful!

Ann said...

Job well done and it looks like you had a great time. I do this next weekend.

Linda T said...

Glad you did so well with all your creations!

velosews said...

That's really great. Looks like the community love your crafts, just like we do.

Kyle said...

Look at you in your apron! Love it! Congrats on all of the sales!

Anonymous said...

Wow! you look happy and glowing! :)

Glad you sold so many items!

Can you do a tutorial on the gingerbread man with a bite taken out, with air drying clay... the next time you make them, please? I'd love to give it a try with my daughter!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a very productive day - and made money both for your community and fabric fund! I hope you do just as well at the next sale.