Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 3 November 2012

SWAP 2013 at Stitchers Guild

SWAP 2013 Official Rules are now up on Stitchers Guild.

No purchase neccesary anywhere; this contest is open to anyone with a needle and thread, regardless of budget or availability of items.  Just jump in and join the fun.

Hurricane Sandy, site outtages and a fairly wide-spread sentiment among the members has convinced me to keep this year's rules simple and uncluttered.

We'll be following JenSA's suggestion to make two 4 or 5 piece collections, with a single other garment that can be worn with both capsules. 

Each collection is either 3 tops and two bottoms, or 2 tops, 1 bottom, and 1 dress, which all form a cohesive group.  The 11th garment should be a jacket or other piece that coordinates with both collections, both in style and color.

These collections can be for different occasions, or in different colorways, or simply reflect two very different styles or images. 

There will be no requirement this year to use a particular fabric or pattern choice, no fussy print matching or need to master any new skill. 

Sewing will begin December 26th, and all garments must be finished by April 30th, 2013.  Muslins, pattern fitting and cutting may be started whenever you are ready.

One garment may be sewn before the official sewing start date, and one may be purchased or previously sewn.
 This is a new approach to the original SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) wardrobing contest where everything had to work with everything else, and frankly I need to digest it a bit.
I will almost definitely be sewing along, and if I finish in time will be entering. I'm not sure this is a good idea, but hey!!!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Come on Ruthie, a work wardrobe and one for your trekking of a weekend or one of your other hobbies, I'm sure you can do it, although it does depend on your new role at work and the time commitments, but I will be following along to see what you achieve.

Diana said...

Good for you. I'll be following to see what you come up with. As for me, I promised my DH, no more contests. Too stressful at the end trying to get everything finished and published.

SewRuthie said...

Diana, you have to do what is right for you. I only get stressed at the very end!