Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Would there be interest?

Dear blog reading folks, would you be interested in a series in the New Year on 50 ways to use up scraps of fabric?

I plan to start it in the New Year and post pretty much weekly a different project to use up remnants or scraps of fabric of all different sorts, this would probably include, bags, cushions, Christmas decorations, small gifts and other things I get ideas for.

If you would like to see this, please do leave a comment.
-------------------------------------------
Ok I have compiled a huge list of possible projects, but could start early (ie next week) with some Christmas themed ones, rather than waiting until new year to start. Thoughts?

17 comments:

Debra Hewitt said...

I would love to see this!

Judith said...

Anything that helps to put a dent in my scrap pile will be very appreciated - starting in the New Year sounds perfect timing...

Jillishness (JD Frank) said...

Yes, pretty please!
I have at least a few bags of scraps - knit AND woven - that I'd love to use, somehow.

Joyce in NC said...

I think that would be a great idea!

SewRuthie said...

Ok thank you all, looks like we are on then :-) I shall start saving my ideas so I have enough for a whole year!

Jodie said...

I would love to see this - I'm teaching high school fashion studies starting in February and want to both introduce my students to the sewing/blogging world AND have them find projects. Thanks for thinking of this!

RhondaBuss said...

Do it! Do it! Do it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes please!

Stacie Davis said...

I would love that! I have so many scraps that I can't bear to throw away but have no clue what to do.

marysews said...

Of course! I read everything you write on your blog!

L said...

Wow, Ruthie! What a generous offer. I'd love to see this as well.

Karen @ Confessions of a Home Ec Dropout said...

Definitely!

hsmama said...

AWESOME IDEA! LOVE IT!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

OH yes, I would love to see something like this. As someone said, "Pretty Please!"

Ruth said...

I was embarrassed to throw out loads of leftovers the over day. You know 1/4 - 1/2 m too small for a top but still big enough to make something from? I've kept them for about a year and never knew what to do with them so out they went. I'd love ideas for these scraps, especially- not quilting fabrics! Great idea, thanks.

BJ in TX said...

Definitely interested - should be fun!

Alison said...

I'd love to see this happen; about a third of my "stash" is pieces too small for entire garments