Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Alternative Twist top

Any ideas how I could make a top like this?
It has a seam above the bust line. The upper chest piece then is sewn down for the first 1/3rd, then has a twist and then is sewn for the next third.

I thought it gave a nice interesting look without being a low cut as many of the tops which twist at the bust are.

I might experiment on knit scraps. I wonder if it is just a round neck top with a seam and then a twist added.

I would love to hear about any patterns which use this or indeed pictures of online RTW versions

(I saw it on a person on TV so can't examine the garment close up).

5 comments:

Sherril said...

Ruthie, that's how I'd do it. I would self face the upper part so that the back side of the fabric wouldn't show on the twist part.

kiltsnquilts said...

For some reason this rings a bell with me. As Sherril said, if you self face the top but stitch the middle section so you have a kind of tubed yoke except for where you are going to attach the yoke to the front. Then just twist in the middle before stitching down and leaving the gap.

Does that make any sense at all??? I can picture it quite simply in my head - describing it is another thing entirely!!

kiltsnquilts said...

Just re-read that, when I said self face the top, I meant the yoke part, above the seam :-)

AilsaG said...

I see from previous blogs that you have used a Loes Hinse pattern. Did you get that from the US or is there a UK supplier? (I'm in Buckinghamshire). I have seen a lovely new pattern of hers - the Ascot jacket - but I have never tried them before. What do you think of her patterns?

SewRuthie said...

AilsaG I only have one Loes Hinse pattern and I bought it from Timmel Fabrics in Canada who have now closed. I don't know of a UK seller, but I think there are several US ones.