Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 7 August 2009

Tackling a UFO


I have several boxes of unfinished projects which I have NOT moved back into the lovely repainted sewing room.
I promised myself that I would take a look at some of the projects in there and see what I could finish off, recut as something else or just put into the council fabric recycling collection.

So this evening I am going to see if there is anything which piques my interest.

--------------

Found a cut out and barely constructed knit dress with no instructions, so have worked on that for a little while. Its going to need quite a bit of work I think. I had lengthened the pattern, but seem to have rather overdone things as it is floor length. It fits round the butt (my fattest bit) but nowhere else - its too wide in the shoulders, gapes at the back neck and upper front.
Since I have a few knit tops I've made recently which fit quite well I should be able to use some of those to tweak the fit of this dress.

Its a wild print so we'll see whether it is actually wearable out into the real world when its done :D

7 comments:

Rhoto said...

"Its a wild print so we'll see whether it is actually wearable out into the real world when its done :D"

If NOT, maybe as a top or skirt?? :D
ANOTHER soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

marysews said...

I really like that fabric, and am looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Sherril said...

What could be more perfect for a fall transition dress than leaves?

kiltsnquilts said...

Great print Ruthie, it works really well as a dress and if you felt it was too wild (not that I do!) it could be tamed a bit with a plain jacket.

gwensews said...

UFO's? Gee whiz--I never thought of finishing them!

Jenni said...

The print is very you. I do think the dress needs to be a bit shorter though. Does it go with your turquoise/teal jacket at all? I can't tell from my monitor.

SewRuthie said...

No I already got rid of that jacket as it was a bad fit and style on me.
(At least I think I did).