Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 2 August 2009

Sewing progress

Oops, I was supposed to sort the sleeve in the lime blouse before I got into anything new - bad Ruthie.

It's so long since I made the blouse (a whole month) that I had sort of forgotten about it.

I will hang it from the shelving in the sewing room as a big hint that I need to sort it out. Then I can actually wear it which will be wonderful.

The problem with the sleeves is that they are too big for the armhole and I have lots of puckers, so I need to remove them, trim them down slightly and reinsert them smoothly (ie not a single pucker).

The PJ pants are almost done, though will need a press as the serger thread is pulling rather - perhaps a tension problem?

I'll also need to get to grips with my Coverstitch machine. I bought it online and have never seen it demo'd and so have not really used it. The once I tried it unthreaded itself and after that I was stuck.

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

"to sort the sleeve" ;)
In Canadian/American, that means??
(Inquiring minds wanna know...)
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Sharon said...

Not many of us that have purchased our Coverstitch machines have seen them demoed. Check out the great threads a Pattern Review http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/forum/43

That's how I got started.