Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 18 August 2009

clear out time

I moved some bags of old clothes (mostly from my fatter days, but also some sewing mistakes) out of the guest room as DH's friend is coming to stay in a few weeks.
I have trouble getting rid of stuff, so it was very helpful of Jenni to talk me through it.
We managed to halve the stuff - the keep stuff being things i want to alter, recut or steal the zips from, the other half is bagged up for the charity shop and consists of

6 jackets/coats
20 tops
5 skirts
5 pairs trousers
5 bags

and fills two large dustbin bags.
I shall put them in the garage ready for the next charity collection and enjoy the space!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to do the same thing. Thanks for inspiring me to clean out my closet. BTW, your blog is great! :)

SewRuthie said...

Thanks Carol :-) Yes its very freeing to get rid of stuff, especially when someone else could use it.
I need to tackle my UFOs, shoes and scarves as well (sigh).